Contractor parking is available on a limited basis, and availability varies with campus location. Parking Services will try to
accommodate contractor requests whenever possible or will offer alternative options.
All vehicles parked outside a fenced staging area on university property must display a valid Parking Services permit unless
parked in a metered space. If parked at a meter, the meter must be paid. Use of any parking facilities for construction related
activity must be approved in advance by Parking Services.
Contractors who fail to make proper arrangements for the use of parking facilities on campus will be subject to receiving a
Parking fines must be appealed or paid within fourteen days from the citation issue date. If not paid within fourteen days, the citation
will elevate to double the original amount and be forwarded to University Accounts Receivable. Appealed citations that are upheld by the
hearing officer will be assessed an additional hearing fee of $10.00.
Construction Parking Policies
The following construction parking policies have been implemented in a joint effort between
and Parking Services.
- All vehicles, including company vehicles are required to display a valid Parking Services permit.
- Vehicles parked on Colorado State University property are subject to all parking regulations.
- A staging area will be identified through a cooperative effort of the Facilities Management Project Manager
and Parking Services.
- Deliveries to a construction staging area(s) will not require a Parking Services parking permit prior to 7:00 A.M. and after 5:00 P.M.
- Parking Services may reserve up to two permits, depending on need and space available, for the project to the General Contractor. The General
Contractor's firm name, project site, and effective dates will be listed on the permits issued. All citations issued to any vehicle displaying
these permits are the responsibility of the General Contractor.
- Contractor employees are required to park OFF SITE in designated parking lots depending on space availability.
- A Parking Services representative will attend pre-construction meetings to provide parking policies and offer assistance.
- All damages to parking lots/equipment will be the responsibility of the project/General Contractor.
Purchasing Contractor and Vendor Parking Permits
Contractors who need to rent spaces for vehicle parking, staging, or project access can do so by visiting the Parking Services department.
Arrangements for parking must be made at least 48 hours prior to use.
Please have the following information ready:
- Name of the project
- Location of required parking
- Duration of dates that parking is needed
- Contact person and phone number
- Make of vehicles and license plate numbers
- Responsible party (the person who will be paying citations, if issued)
Parking Permits and Rates
Contractors will be able to purchase 'A' or 'J' permits on a daily, monthly, or yearly basis. For more information on the parking privileges
conveyed by these permits, as well as their associated rates, please visit the
permits page or contact Parking Services.